In this podcast, Jennifer Goldman-Wetzler discussed the importance of whisperers in conflict. She helped understand the anatomy of conflict and how to best navigate successfully through it. This is a great listen for anyone seeking to understand conflict resolutions measure to be an effective leader.
Dr. Jennifer Goldman-Wetzler is the founder and CEO of Alignment Strategies Group, a New York-based consulting firm that counsels CEOs and leaders on how to optimize organizational health and growth. With a career spanning the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School, two decades of consulting to CEOs and senior teams, grassroots work with Middle East leaders. Research on terrorism and long-term conflict for the US Department of Homeland Security, Goldman-Wetzler is a keynote speaker who inspires audiences of all kinds, from startups to Fortune 500 companies and leading public institutions. A graduate of Tufts University, she holds a Ph.D. in Social-Organizational Psychology from Columbia University. See https://optimaloutcomesbook.com/
Here are some questions we covered:
1. Explain your journey to your current role?
2. Could you share something about your current role?
3. What is Alignment Strategies Group?
4. Why write this book?
5. What are the premises of this book?
6. So what are the optimal outcomes?
7. What is the conflict?
8. In many circumstances, conflict is carried by many emotions, how to take the feelings out?
9. In the book, you talked about Conflict Patterns; what are those?
10. I like how you emphasize designing the conflict pattern-breaking path, could you elaborate?
11. What are some of the examples where this approach might not work?
12. Let’s talk about the picture-perfect scenario where such an approach is impactful?
13. What is conflict whisperer?
Read more at: https://work2.org/searching-for-optimal-outcomes-with-jgoldmanwetzler/